Information and race rules for event day
Start package pickup
Start numer, along with your start package can be picked up in the days prior to the event from Begach Office at 85 Evlogi & Christo Georgievi blvd. Every participant will get email instructions.
You must wear your start number on the chest or belly from the start till the finish of the race at all times. It must be visible to volunteers or race marshalls. We’ll give you pins to put it on.
Runners that don’t carry their start number will be disqualified.
How to get to Pancharevo:
- With city bus 1, 3 or 4. Busses stop at bus station near metro station near METRO store on Tsarigradsko shose. You must get of on bus stop “Banyata Pancharevo” . You can also take bus number 6 to German village
- A taxi will cost 5 to 15 BGN, depending on where you live in Sofia
- If you decide to come by bike, you can tie the bike in the start zone, as long as it does not interfere with other runners or people
- If you are arriving by car, you must park at the free municipality parking before Pancharevo. DO NOT PARK IN GERMAN VILLAGE.
Free parking from Pancharevo side:
Start is on the lake wall from German village. If you’re arriving from Samokovsko shose, the wall is after the sign Pancharevo.
Wardrobe & baggage care
We’ll offer baggage care for all participants. WE’RE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLE ITEMS ON BAGGAGE CARE.
There will be chemical toilets near the start/finish zone.
Start and timing
Start is exactly at 9:00 AM for trail runs – 21 and 42 km. Runners on the 10k race start at 9:15.
If you’re beginner or not feeling well, please start at the back.
Your start number is equipped with a RFID chip that will count your time from the moment you cross the start line, till the moment you finish. Your time is net. First three finishers have gun (total) time.
Do not fold or cut your number. Do not peel of the RFID chip, or your time won’t be counted.
If you wish to quit the race, do inform organisers or volunteers in the checkpoints.
10k runners instructions
Start is at 9:15, after the trail runners. There will be checkpoint at 5 km (at the turnaround). You make 1 half-lap at the lake and you should return back.
NB: The race HAS NO cups. If you want water, DO BRING your own cup or bottle. At the checkpoints or at the start/finish line, you can pour water.
Awards for 10km is at 11 AM. Please stay, as there will be raffle draw with random awards for participants.
Instructions for 21k and 42k runners
- Wind jacket
- A bottle with at least 500ml water during the start
- Charged phone with the number you’re registered with
- First aid (safety) folio (obligatory for 42 km runners)
- Money or tickets (for 42 km participants to return from Pasarel in case of you skipping the race or the control time)
- NB! Equipment might be checked any time before, during or after the race. Inability to show the equipment will lead to disqualification.
Route is marked with temporary orange spray, based on chalk. There are white signs and temporary textile based orange/white stripes hung on the trees.
We highly recommend to get the GPS track with the route and install it on your phone or watch.
Start is 9:00 sharp. Awards ceremony is at 15:00 h. Leave as there will be lottery draw among all finishers so you can win GARMIN awards.
There’s a checkpoint on Polovrak peak, where 42k runners will get a bracelet, to prove that they’ve passed.
If you wish to cancel the race near Lalina mogila, the easiest way back is to go to Lozen village by going north. If you wish to cancel, please inform the checkpoint marshals or organiserrs.
Control time in Pasarel (29км) is 5 hours. If you arrive there after 2:00 PM, you’ll be returned by the city bus. The busses leave Pasarel to Pancharevo and Sofia in 13:15, 14:30, 15:40, 16:40, 17:40.
Control time for 42 km is 8 hours, i.e. 17 h. you must have finished.
There’s no control time for 21 km, so it’s also 8 hours.
We require all participants to keep the mountain clean and collect their trash and throw them in the start zone or near Pasarel. Poluting participants will be disqualified.
SOS phone + medical crew
In case of emergency, call +359 877 99 3315
There will be ambulance at the start and medical teams at the start, Lalina mogila and Pasarel.
you can see the live results on the website during the race.